This is the study programme I'm pursuing mostly at the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Porto.
(Actually the course is full of possible electives and paths, in this page are the electives I've selected/will select and the paths I'm following/looking to follow [master degree and potential phd were not included here, yet]).
The bachelor has three years and includes:
- maths - including numerical analysis, stochastic processes, automatic control
- theory - including logic and proof, computational models, computability, complexity
- systems - including systems administration, computer networking, operating systems
- programming - including compiler construction, advanced algorithms, concurrent programming
- applications and professionalism - including artificial intelligence, human-computer interaction, security
This bachelor awards me with a first degree in Computer Science (C.S.) and confers solid foundations in Computer Engineering Sciences.
Gap year for further complementary training
In this extra year advanced research studies in robotics are introduced as well as further software engineering, physics, graphics and computer security.
Year 5 - Specialization
Advanced topics in specification and verification, algorithms and intelligent systems. Special focus is given to:
- Data Science (Data Mining, image processing, among other topics of growing application in business and scientific research),
- Reliable Computing (Rigorous methodologies, specification and verification of hardware and software, semantics),
- Parallel and Distributed Systems (High performance embedded and distributed systems).